Sunday, March 10, 2013

Karambit

Taking a break from drawing faces :)
Pencil on Moleskine sketchbook (5.5 x 3.5")

The karambit or kerambit is a small hand-held, curved blade from Indonesia. Called karambit in the Philippines, it is known as a kerambit in both Indonesia and Malaysia. It is found recently that the karambit to be useful for self-defense. Most of those produced in the West for use as weapons are based on the small Filipino variety, which features a short blade and index finger ring.

Thank you all for your comments and appreciate your time ^^

12 comments:

  1. Interestin sketch of a strange object.
    I'd rather see it as a drawing than for real : I am scared of all bladed weapons !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry Martine, this one is not sharp ^^

      Delete
  2. I cringed when I saw it - so the drawing must be good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dan, they use it as farming tools back then. :Þ

      Delete
  3. OMG!!! Talk about coincidence! My husband found one of these on the road last week when he was working. He thought I would like it for my paper cuttin.... It is soooo sharp. Great sketch Alex!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clare. :) I don't own one of these, but I thought it's cool that it's an old school farming tool way back in Malaysia.

      Delete
  4. Very scary looking objects! But what a cool thing to draw & these are marvellous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I agree that it looks scary, which is good to keep bad guys away :)

      Delete
  5. It looks like quite a scary object, but your sketch with its nice cartoon style makes it look like a piece coming out of an adventure story! It's very interesting also because I had never seen this object before! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Lucia, you noticed that I tried making it cartoon style! :) Thank you teeheehee!

      Delete