Tuesday, April 16, 2013

IAH-West Palm Beach FL-Conference

I was in West Palm Beach, FL last week for a conference. No I didn't get to go to the beach(I am not exactly a salt water and sun person), but it was a great conference, with abundance of delicious food.
I had hours in the IAH(Houston International Airport) to spare, while listening to songs on my iPhone, and after watching several episodes of "How I Met Your Mother" on Netflix, I thought to myself "Hey.... I think I brought my sketchbook with me!" which I did. So here are the results.    
I also did a few doodles during the conference(yeah, I pay good attention to the speakers ^^)
I hope you enjoy these, thank you all for visiting and your comments. =)

21 comments:

  1. love the first sketch of the chairs especially! i find chairs in general particularly challenging. these are great.

    ive found nothing kills time in an airport faster than sketching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree. Chairs may look simple, but they are hard to pencil on paper :)
      It really helped me to kill the hours

      Delete
  2. Great stuff! Love the final thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that speaker looks so funny in different angle. He's the nicest and soft spoken guy, I just thought I wanted to make him a little dramatic.

      Delete
  3. The airport drawings are right on! Also, such great expression on the "devil" portrait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra. That guy was not a devil at all :D I just thought it's funny to draw him with a lot more expressions.

      Delete
  4. Nice job Alex...;) Sketching at the airport helps make delayed flights almost palatable. I love the row of seats...those have become a familiar subject in my travel books too...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Couldn't agree more Margaret.
      If I get stranded in the airport for hours again, I'd prolly do the same thing.

      Delete
  5. You're never bored when you have a sketchbook, great sketches Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alex, I love your sketches and your portraits... well, I don't really have words to describe them, they're truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ana :) I am glad you like them

      Delete